http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-05 05:50:152021-01-16 09:43:29Raised Hand To Big Toe Variation
- Stand with the feet together and the arms beside the body.
- Find a point in front of the body to fix the gaze.
- Bend right knee towards the chest and take a hold of the right big toe with right hand.
- Straighten the right leg in front of the body and once straight slowly pull it up closer to the torso.
- Raise the left arm to the side for balance.
- Place the left hand in jnana mudra, by curling the index finger to the base of the left thumb.
- Once balanced take the outstretched leg to the side.
- Hold the position for as long as comfortable then bend the knee, release the toe and lower the foot to the floor.
- Relax the arms and then repeat to the other side.
- Practice up to 3 rounds.
- Inhale while taking a hold of the big toe.
- Exhale while straightening the leg and taking it to the side.
- Breathe naturally in the balance.
- Exhale while lowering the leg.
- Stretch in the legs and hips.
- Mooladhara chakra.
- Back conditions.
- Hip conditions.
- Improves the sense of balance.
- Stretches the hamstrings, calves and thighs.
- Strengthens the hips, thighs, knees and ankles.
- Develops concentration and focus.
- Calms and balances the mind.
- In this pose the knee can easily rotate inward. To prevent this consciously rotate the thigh outwardly and turn the knee so the kneecap faces straight ahead.