http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-05 05:54:442020-12-08 06:03:51Side plank
Santolanasana Variation - Side plank
- Assume the plank position.
- Transfer the weight onto the right arm and right foot.
- Roll on to the right, keep the body straight and the chest facing forward.
- Have the outer side of the right foot firmly on the floor, the left foot rests on top of the right.
- Position the left arm and hand along the trunk or raise it up in line with the shoulder.
- Keep the side of the waist lifted and be careful not to sag in the hips.
- Hold for as long as comfortable, then to release, roll back into the plank position and repeat to the other side.
- To release, lower the knees to the floor and relax.
- Practice up to 5 rounds.
- Natural breath.
- Strength in the arms, back and legs.
- Engaging the core muscles to keep the hips aligned.
- Manipura chakra.
- Strengthens the muscles of the arms, shoulders and spine.
- Tones the core muscles.
- Stimulates the digestive system.
- Instead of hooking the raised foot behind the standing-leg calf, press the big toe of the raised-leg foot against the floor to help maintain balance.