http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-05 05:54:442013-08-05 15:07:36Side plank
Santolanasana Variation - Side plank
- Assume the plank position.
- Transfer the weight onto the right arm and right foot.
- Roll on to the right, keep the body straight and the chest facing forward.
- Have the outer side of the right foot firmly on the floor, the left foot rests on top of the right.
- Position the left arm and hand along the trunk or raise it up in line with the shoulder.
- Keep the side of the waist lifted and be careful not to sag in the hips.
- Hold for as long as comfortable, then to release, roll back into the plank position and repeat to the other side.
- To release, lower the knees to the floor and relax.
- Practice up to 5 rounds.