http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-05 05:52:062013-08-05 15:13:48Spinal column pose
- Sit in the Seated Base Position (Prarambhik Sthiti).
- Find a point in front of the body to fix the gaze.
- Bend the knees and place the soles of the feet on the floor, slightly apart.
- Take the arms inside the knees and grasp hold of the big toes.
- Keep the spine straight and lean the body weight backwards slightly.
- Raise the feet off the floor and balance on the buttocks.
- Gradually straighten the legs and arms upwards.
- Separate the legs out to the sides and gaze softly at the steady point.
- Hold for as long as comfortable.
- To release, bring the legs together at the centre, bend the knees and lower the feet to the floor.
- Practice up to 5 rounds.