http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-05 05:52:062020-12-23 14:51:15Spinal column pose
- Sit in the Seated Base Position (Prarambhik Sthiti).
- Find a point in front of the body to fix the gaze.
- Bend the knees and place the soles of the feet on the floor, slightly apart.
- Take the arms inside the knees and grasp hold of the big toes.
- Keep the spine straight and lean the body weight backwards slightly.
- Raise the feet off the floor and balance on the buttocks.
- Gradually straighten the legs and arms upwards.
- Separate the legs out to the sides and gaze softly at the steady point.
- Hold for as long as comfortable.
- To release, bring the legs together at the centre, bend the knees and lower the feet to the floor.
- Practice up to 5 rounds.
- Inhale while taking a hold of the big toes.
- Retain the breath while straightening the legs.
- Breathe naturally in the balance.
- Exhale while lowering the feet.
- Integrity of the spine.
- Maintaining balance on the coccyx.
- Stretch in the arms, legs and groin.
- Mooladhara chakra.
- Heart conditions.
- High blood pressure.
- Back conditions.
- Hip conditions.
- Improves the sense of balance.
- Elongates the spine.
- Helps to remove backache.
- Stimulates the abdominal organs.
- Alleviates constipation.
- Develops concentration and focus.
- Calms and balances the mind.