http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-06 11:24:562021-06-17 10:25:37Raised leg pose
- Lie in the PMA2 Base Position.
- Engage the left leg muscles and keep the leg straight, in contact with the floor.
- Raise the right leg straight, as high as comfortable.
- Hold the posture for a few seconds.
- Then lower the right leg to the floor.
- Practice 5 -10 times with the right leg and then practice in the same way with the left leg.
- Keeping the legs together and straight, raise both legs as high as comfortable.
- Hold the position for a few seconds.
- Then lower both legs to the floor.
- Practice 5 -10 times with the right.
- Inhale when raising the leg(s).
- Retain the breath when holding the leg(s) up.
- Exhale to lower leg(s).
- The stretch in the legs.
- Stimulation of the abdominal muscles.
- Synchronizing the movement with the breath.
- High blood pressure.
- Serious back conditions.
- Slipped disc.
- Stage 1 - Bend the passive leg, keeping the foot on the floor to support the lower back.
- Stage 2 - Bend both knees, straighten them up towards ceiling, bend knees again then straighten them along the floor.
- Stage 1 - Instead of keeping the passive leg in contact with the floor, raise it slightly.
- Stage 2 - Raise the legs to progressive heights and pause at each increment briefly.