http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-06 09:18:192020-12-23 14:40:27Abdominal Stretch Pose
- Squat with the feet flat on the floor a comfortable distance apart.
- Place the palms of the hands on the knees.
- With the help of right hand, gently push the right knee to left foot.
- Press the left knee in towards the right leg.
- Simultaneously turn the head towards the left to gaze over the left shoulder.
- Lightly squeeze both knees towards each other to compress the abdomen.
- Hold for a few seconds then raise the right knee back to the squatting position.
- In the same way lower the left knee to the right foot and gaze over the right shoulder.
- Practice 5-10 rounds.
- Inhale in the squatting position.
- Exhale while lowering the knee and twisting.
- The alternate stretch and compression of the lower abdomen.
- Synchronizing the movement with the breath.
- Knee problems.
- Aliments in the toes or ankles.
- Slipped disc.
- Useful for abdominal ailments.
- Stimulates digestion.
- Prepares body for meditation poses.
- Relieves constipation.