http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-06 10:06:172022-01-03 11:56:26Animal relaxation pose
Saithalyasana - Animal relaxation pose
- Sit in the Seated Base Position (Prarambhik Sthiti).
- Bend the right knee and place the foot on the inside of the left thigh.
- Bend the left knee and lay the left heel to the outside of the left buttock.
- Square the torso over the right knee and rest the hands on the right thigh.
- Straighten the arms above the head and separate them to shoulder width apart.
- Bend forward over the right knee, lower the forehead and hands to the floor simultaneously.
- Relax in the forward bend.
- To release, engage the abdominal muscles and raise the arms, head and torso in one straight line.
- Once upright, lower the hands to the knee.
- Practice up to 5 times to the right and up to 5 times to the left.
- Exhale while folding forward.
- Relaxed natural breathing while holding.
- Inhale while returning to upright.
- Alignment of the head and spine while folding forward.
- The contact between the abdomen and the thighs.
- Stretch in the back of the thighs.
- The length of the spine.
- Swadhisthana chakra.
- Back conditions.
- Massages and tones the digestive organs.
- Stretches the back, pelvis and hips.
- Helps to balance the nervous system.