http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-06 10:14:232013-06-15 22:55:39Back Stretching pose
- Sit in the Seated Base Position (Prarambhik Sthiti) and rest the hands on the thighs.
- Hinge forward from the hips and slowly lower the torso over the legs.
- Simultaneously slide the hands toward the toes.
- Lengthen the front of the torso, elongate the spine and keep the head and neck aligned.
- Use the exhaling breath to soften into the bend.
- Hold the pose for as long as comfortable then slowly raise the torso and return to the seated position.
- Practice up to 5 times or hold the pose for up to 5 minutes.