http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-06 11:50:132021-02-10 14:25:50Boat pose
- Lie in the PMA2 Base Position.
- Contract the abdominal muscles.
- Simultaneously lift the head, shoulders, arms and legs off the floor (about 10 cms).
- Have the hands and feet aligned, the same distance from the floor.
- Balance the body on the buttocks, keeping the spine straight.
- Hold for a few seconds then release, slowly lowering the body to the floor.
- Practice 3-5 rounds taking a few deep abdominal breaths in between each round.
Inhale before raising the body.
- Retain the breath in while raising, tensing and lowering the body.
- Exhale relax in PMA2 Base Position.
- The strength of the abdominal muscles.
- Alignment of the head, neck and spine.
- Synchronizing the movements with the breath.
- Stimulates the muscular, digestive, circulatory, nervous and hormonal systems.
- Tones all the abdominal organs.
- Removes lethargy.
- Useful for eliminating nervous tension.
- Helps to bring about deep relaxation.