http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-06 09:48:532021-03-03 08:10:03Bridge pose
- Sit in the Seated Base Position (Prarambhik Sthiti).
- Place the palms of the hands either sides of the body, about 30cm behind the buttocks.
- Keep the elbows straight, point the fingers back and slightly recline the torso.
- Keep the arms and legs straight and raise the buttocks off the floor by lifting the hips up.
- Extend the toes towards the floor and let the head stretch comfortably back and down.
- Hold for as long as comfortable, then release by lowering the buttocks to the floor.
- Practice up to 5 rounds.
- Inhale to prepare.
- Retain the breath inside while raising the body and holding the final position.
- Exhale while lowering the buttocks to the floor.
- The wrists, arms, back and abdomen.
- Synchronizing the movement with the breath.
- Manipura chakra.
- Weak wrists.
- Back conditions.
- Neck conditions.
- Heart conditions.
- High blood pressure.
- Tones the lumbar spine.
- Stretches the neck, shoulder, back and chest.
- Strengthens the shoulders, thighs and wrists.
- Improves posture.
- Experiment with the distance between the hands and feet to find a suitable position.
- Begin seated on the buttocks with the hands behind the body. Bend the knees and place the soles of the feet on the floor, hip width apart. Practice in the same way instructed above, allowing the legs to help support the arms. As the strength in the arms develops the feet can be gradually straightened.