http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-06 09:08:442021-11-02 18:35:18Chopping wood
- Squat with the feet flat on the floor a comfortable distance apart.
- Have the knees fully bent and separated.
- Clasp the fingers of both hands together and place them above the floor between the feet.
- Straighten the arms and keep them straight throughout the practice.
- Imagine the action of chopping wood and raise the straightened arms up towards the ceiling, stretch the spine long.
- Gaze up to the fist.
- Make a downward stroke with the arms, as if chopping wood.
- Simultaneously, expel the breath and make a ‘Ha’ sound.
- This completes one round, practice 5-10 rounds.
- Inhale while raising the arms.
- Exhale while lowering the arms.
- The movement and the stretch of the shoulder and upper back muscles.
- Synchronizing the movement with the breath.
- If a full squat isn’t appropriate, hold a standing squat with the legs apart and knees slightly bent, ensure that the feet are in line with the knees.
- Knee problems.
- Slipped disc.
- Loosens up the pelvic girdle and tones the pelvic muscles.
- Improves flexibility and strength of the upper back and shoulder muscles.
- Great for the shoulder joints.
- Helps to release frustration and lighten the mood.
- Helpful in pre-natal stage of pregnancy.