http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-06 09:04:532013-06-15 22:55:13Churning the mill
- Sit in the Base Position (Prarambhik Sthiti).
- Separate the legs as wide apart as comfortable.
- Interlock the fingers of both hands and straighten the arms horizontally, keeping the shoulder height throughout the practice.
- Bend forward from the pelvis and lengthen the arms and torso in front.
- Pivot to the right so that hands pass above the right toes.
- Continue a rotating movement leaning the body backward and arms to centre.
- Then move from the pelvis over to the left, extend the hands forward above the left toes.
- Cycle through the centre leaning as far forward as suitable then continue to the right.
- The straightened arms and upper body move in a circular motion likened to churning a mill.
- Practice 5-10 rotations clockwise and 5-10 rotations anti-clockwise.