http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-06 10:19:152021-11-23 15:42:00Dynamic Back Stretching pose
- Lie on the back with the feet together.
- Rest the hands on the floor above the head with the palms facing up.
- Keep the upper arms close to the ears and raise the torso sit upright.
- Lengthen the spine up then bend from the hips and lower the torso over the legs.
- When the hands reach the toes, relax the elbows and head.
- Hold for a moment then return to the sitting position, with the arms above the head.
- Engage the abdominal muscles and lower the torso down to the floor, back to the starting position.
- Practice up to 10 times.
- Inhale to sit upright.
- Exhale while folding forward.
- Inhale to raise the torso upright.
- Exhale while returning to the lying position.
- The strength in the core muscles.
- Synchronizing the movement with the breath.
- Swadhisthana chakra.
- Back conditions.
- Heart conditions.
- High blood pressure.
- Calms the brain and helps relieve stress and mild depression.
- Stretches the spine, shoulders and hamstrings.
- Stimulates the liver, kidneys, ovaries and uterus.
- Improves digestion.
- Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause and menstrual discomfort.
- Soothes headache, anxiety and reduces fatigue.
- To reduce the demand on the core muscles, practice with the arms beside the body and the knees bent.