http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-06 09:37:442020-07-31 12:26:24Half moon pose
- Begin in Equestrian Pose (Ashwa Sanchalanasana)
- Once balanced, raise the hands from the floor and bring the palms together in front of the chest.
- Keep the palms together and raise the arms up over the head.
- Arch the arms, head and torso back slightly.
- Hold for as long as comfortable then lower the hands back in front of the chest and to the floor, returning to Equestrian Pose (Ashwa Sanchalanasana)
- To release, roll the body weight back and smoothly centre the weight on the front foot and back knee.
- Continue the forward and backward lunges on this side up to 10 times.
- To release, stand on both knees then return to Thunderbolt pose (Vajrasana) and relax.
- Practice the same amount of rounds to the other side.
- Exhale while moving forward into Equestrian Pose (Ashwa Sanchalanasana).
- Inhale while raising the arms.
- Exhale while lowering the arms.
- Inhale to release Equestrian Pose (Ashwa Sanchalanasana).
- The openness of the chest and throat.
- Balance and smoothness of the movement.
- Synchronizing the movement with the breath.
- Vishuddhi or anahata chakra.
- Knee problems.
- Injured ankles.
- Back conditions.
- Neck conditions.
- Tones the abdominal organs,
- Stretches the neck, shoulder, back and chest.
- Strengthens the hips, legs, ankles and feet.
- Induces balance in the nervous system.
- Ensure the shin of the front leg is at a 90 degree angle with the floor.