- Sit in the Seated Base Position (Prarambhik Sthiti).
- Bend the right knee and place the sole of the foot on the inside of the left thigh.
- Square the torso over the extended left leg and rest the hands on the thigh.
- Lengthen the spine then fold forward from the hips.
- Extend as far as appropriate without rounding the spine.
- Hold the pose for as long as comfortable then slowly lift the torso upright to the seated position.
- Practice up to 5 times or hold the pose for up to 5 minutes.
- Exhale while folding forward.
- Breathe slowly and deeply in the position.
- Inhale to release and return upright.
- Relaxation in the back and the thighs.
- Length of the spine.
- Synchronizing the movement with the breath.
- Swadhisthana chakra.
- Back conditions.
- Calms the brain and helps relieve stress and mild depression.
- Stretches the spine, shoulders and hamstrings.
- Stimulates the liver, kidneys, ovaries and uterus.
- Improves digestion.
- Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause and menstrual discomfort.
- Soothes headache, anxiety and reduces fatigue.
- If the stretch is uncomfortable, bend the extended leg and allow the head to rest on the knee.
- If the abdomen is touching the extended thigh release the head to rest on the shins.