http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-06 21:20:182022-05-09 11:44:53Hero’s Pose
- Sit in Thunderbolt pose (Vajrasana).
- Raise the right knee and place the right foot flat on the floor beside the inside of the left knee.
- Put the right elbow on the right knee and rest the chin on the palm of the right hand.
- Rest the left palm on the left knee.
- Close the eyes and relax.
- Keep the body still and the spine and head straight.
- Hold for some time then release the pose and relax the knees.
- Practice for the same duration to the other side.
- Slow, deep breathing.
- Keeping the head and spine straight.
- The sense of balance.
- The breath flowing in and out of the eyebrow centre.
- Ajna chakra.
- Knee problems.
- Blood flow from the legs is redirected to the abdomen stimulating the digestive system.
- Helps to remove piles.
- Strengthens the pelvic muscles.
- Useful in dilated veins of the testicles and hydrocele in men.
- Alleviates menstrual disorders, hernia and sciatica.
- Helps to balance the mind.
- Increases concentration.
- Induces physical and mental relaxation.
- Improves varicose veins and fluid retention in the legs.
- Place a small cushion between the thigh and the calf to release pressure on the knee.
- A cushion can also be placed under the ankle for more comfort.