http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-06 11:25:062021-05-27 15:14:39Leg rotation
- Lie in the PMA2 Base Position.
- Engage the left leg muscles and keep the leg straight, in contact with the floor.
- Raise the right leg 5cm from the floor, keeping the leg straight and foot relaxed.
- Rotate the entire leg clockwise 5-10 times in as large a circle as comfortable.
- Rotate 5-10 times anti-clockwise.
- Release the right leg to the floor.
- Practice in the same way with the left leg.
- Raise both legs, keeping them together the whole time.
- Rotate both legs clockwise 5-10 times then 5-10 times anti-clockwise.
- Inhale when moving the leg(s) upwards.
- Exhale when lowering the leg(s) downwards.
- The rotation of the leg(s).
- The effects of the movements on the abdomen and hips.
- Synchronizing the movements with the breath.
- High blood pressure.
- Serious back conditions.
- Slipped disc.
- Stage 1 -Bend the passive leg, keeping the foot on the floor to support the lower back.
- Stage 2 - Practice as instructed with the knees bent.
- Good for the hip joints.
- Strengthens the abdominal muscles.
- Stimulates the spinal muscles.