http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-06 10:22:542022-01-03 11:41:06Legs spread back stretch pose
Pada Prasar Paschimottanasana
- Sit in the Seated Base Position (Prarambhik Sthiti).
- Separate the legs as wide apart as comfortable and flex the feet to engage the thigh muscles.
- Place the hands on the floor in front of the body.
- Lengthen the spine then fold forward from the hips.
- Extend as far as appropriate without rounding the spine.
- Hold the pose for as long as comfortable then slowly lift the torso upright and return to the seated position.
- Practice up to 5 times or hold the pose for up to 5 minutes.
- Exhale while folding forward.
- Breathe slowly and deeply in the position.
- Inhale to release and return upright.
- The relaxation in the back and the thighs.
- The length of the spine.
- Synchronizing the movement with the breath.
- Swadhisthana chakra.
- Back conditions.
- Calms the brain and helps relieve stress and mild depression.
- Stretches the spine, shoulders and hamstrings.
- Stimulates the liver, kidneys, ovaries and uterus.
- Improves digestion.
- Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause and menstrual discomfort.
- Soothes headache, anxiety and reduces fatigue.
- If the stretch is uncomfortable, bend the legs and allow the head to rest on the knees.