http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-06 20:24:312021-01-15 16:10:41Pendulum Pose
- Stand with the feet more than shoulder width apart and keep the legs straight.
- Raise the arms and interlock the fingers of both hands behind the neck with the elbows pointing out to the sides.
- keep the feet firmly on the ground, turn to the right and bend forward.
- Bring the head as close as comfortable to the right knee.
- Swing the upper torso from the right to the left knee and back to the right knee three times.
- Return to the centre and stand upright.
- Repeat with the swing starting from the left knee.
- This is one round and is usually sufficient.
- Inhale while raising the arms and interlocking the hands behind the head.
- Exhale while bending forward.
- Hold the breath out while swinging from side to side.
- Inhale while returning to the upward position.
- The stretch of the back.
- Swadhisthana chakra.
- Back conditions.
- Weak spine or vertigo.
- Heart conditions.
- High or low blood pressure.
- Strengthens the thigh and back muscles.
- Tones the spinal nerves.
- Stimulates circulation.