http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-06 20:09:352013-06-15 22:56:01Revolved Side angle pose
- Stand with the feet wider than shoulder width apart and keep the legs straight.
- Turn the right foot out to the right 90 degrees and left foot in 45 to 60 degrees.
- Roll the right thigh outward, so that the center of the right knee cap is in line with the center of the right ankle.
- Reach the arms actively out to the sides of the body at shoulder height.
- Pivot the torso to the right, and square the hips so they are in line with the right leg.
- Bend the right knee over the right ankle until the shin is perpendicular to the floor. Work towards having the thigh parallel to the floor.
- Twist the left hip around to the right, and firmly ground the left heel.
- Turn the torso further to the right and lean forward over the front leg.
- Reach the left hand down on the shin, ankle or the floor.
- Once steady, extend the right arm up towards the ceiling.
- Keep the head in a neutral position or turn it to gaze at the right arm.
- Stay in this pose for up to 1 minute.
- To release, press the back heel into the floor, untwist and reach the torso up to centre.
- Reverse the feet and repeat for the duration to the left.
- Practice up to 5 rounds.