http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-06 09:24:162021-03-22 20:35:13Shoulder pose
- Lie down on the back.
- Bend the knees and place the soles of the feet on the floor with the heels as close to the buttocks as comfortable. Keep the thighs and inner feet parallel.
- Extend the arms down towards the heels and take a hold of the ankles if possible.
- Engage the inner feet and arms and actively press them into the floor.
- Raise the buttocks and arch the back upwards.
- Lift the chest and navel to bring the sternum towards the chin.
- Clasp the hands below the pelvis and extend through the arms.
- Hold for as long as comfortable then slowly roll the spine down onto the floor.
- Practice up to 5 rounds.
- Inhale while taking a hold of the ankles.
- Retain the breath when raising the torso.
- Breathe deeply while holding the pose.
- Exhale to release.
- The expansion of the chest and abdomen.
- The thyroid gland.
- Synchronizing the movement with the breath.
- Vishuddhi or anahata chakra.
- Heart conditions.
- High blood pressure.
- Back conditions.
- Helps to relieve backache.
- Tones the heart and lungs.
- Beneficial for respiratory disorders.
- Improves posture.
- Alleviates constipation.
- Stimulates the digestive and reproductive system.
- Roll the shoulders under to further extend the chest up.