http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-06 20:04:322013-06-15 22:56:01Side angle pose
- Stand with the feet wider than shoulder width apart and keep the legs straight.
- Turn the right foot out to the right 90 degrees and left foot in 45 to 60 degrees.
- Roll the right thigh outward, so that the center of the right knee cap is in line with the center of the right ankle.
- Reach the arms actively out to the sides of the body at shoulder height.
- Bend the right knee over the right ankle, so that the shin is perpendicular to the floor. Work towards having the thigh parallel to the floor.
- Bend from the hip joint and extend the torso to the right directly over the right leg.
- Rotate the torso to the left and keep the two sides of the waist equally long.
- Rest the right hand on the shin, ankle or the floor.
- Stretch the left arm towards the ceiling.
- Keep the head in a neutral position or turn it to gaze at the left arm.
- Stay in this pose for up to 1 minute.
- To release, press the back heel into the floor and reach the torso up to the centre then straighten the bent knee.
- Reverse the feet and repeat for the same duration to the left.
- Practice up to 5 rounds.