http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-06 10:52:512013-06-15 22:55:39Standing head between knees pose
Utthia Janu Sirshasana
- Stand with the feet shoulder width apart and arms beside the body.
- Keep the back and head aligned, bend forward from the hips and lower the abdomen toward the thighs.
- Wrap the arms around the outside of the legs and either clasp the hands behind the calves or interlock the fingers.
- Lower the head toward the knees.
- Keep the legs straight and use the arm muscles to gently pull the torso closer to the thighs.
- Hold the pose for as long as comfortable then release the arms, engage the abdominal muscles and mindfully raise the body upright.
- Practice up to 5 times.