http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-06 19:12:512013-09-16 10:44:35Palm Tree Pose - Tadasana
- Stand with the feet together or slightly apart and place the arms beside the body.
- Balance the weight of the body equally on the feet.
- Interlock the fingers of both hands in front of the body and turn the palms down.
- Raise the arms and rest the hands on the head with the palms facing upwards.
- Fix the gaze on a steady point in front to help with balance.
- Stretch the arms up to the ceiling and simultaneously lift the heels from the floor coming onto the toes.
- Hold for a moment or two, stretching the whole body the lower the backs of the hands to the head and the heels to the floor.
- Relax for a few seconds before practicing another round.
- Repeat up to 10 rounds.
- To end the practice, release the hands and lower the arms down beside the body.