http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-06 20:56:162021-07-09 06:05:12Thunderbolt pose
- Kneel on the floor with the knees close together.
- Bring the big toes together and separate the heels.
- Lower the buttocks onto the inside surface of the feet, heels touching the inside of the hips.
- Rest the hands on the knees and turn the palms down.
- Ensure the head, neck and back are upright and straight.
- Close the eyes and relax the whole body.
- Natural and relaxed.
- The sensations in the legs, buttocks and spine.
- The breath.
- Manipura chakra.
- Blood flow from the legs is redirected to the abdomen stimulating the digestive system.
- Helps to remove piles.
- Strengthens the pelvic muscles.
- Useful in dilated veins of the testicles and hydrocele in men.
- Alleviates menstrual disorders, Hernia and sciatica.
- Improves varicose veins and fluid retention in the legs.
- Soothes tired and aching leg muscles.
- Place a small cushion under the buttocks, between the thighs and the calves.
- A cushion can also be placed under the ankles for more comfort.
- If there is pain in the thighs, separate the knees slightly.
- If the ankles ache after some time in the pose, come into the Seated Base Position (Prarambhik Sthiti) and shake the feet vigorously to relieve the stiffness.