http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-06 19:49:232013-06-15 22:56:01Triangle pose
- Stand with the feet as wide apart as comfortable and keep the legs straight.
- Turn the right foot out to the right at 90 degrees and turn the left foot in slightly.
- Roll the right thigh outward, so that the centre of the right knee cap is in line with the centre of the right ankle.
- Reach the arms actively out to the sides of the body at shoulder height.
- Bend from the hip joint and extend the torso to the right directly over the right leg.
- Rotate the torso to the left and keep the two sides of the waist equally long.
- Rest the right hand on the shin, ankle, or the floor.
- Stretch the left arm towards the ceiling.
- Keep the head in a neutral position or gaze up at the left arm.
- Stay in this pose for up to 1 minute.
- To release, press the back heel into the floor and reach the torso up back to centre.
- Reverse the feet and repeat for the same duration to the left.
- Practice up to 5 rounds.