http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-06 08:48:472013-06-15 22:55:13Twisting cobra
- Lie on the stomach with the legs separated and the feet shoulder width apart.
- Tuck the toes under to come onto the balls of the feet.
- Place the palms of the hands on the floor underneath the shoulders and have the fingers pointing forward.
- Tuck the elbows in close to the body.
- Rest the forehead on the floor and close the eyes. Relax.
- Using the back muscles first, slowly raise the head, neck and then the shoulders from the floor.
- Keep the pubic bone on the floor and use the arm muscles to lift the torso upwards.
- Twist the head and upper torso to look over the left shoulder and gaze towards the right heel.
- Hold for a few seconds then return to the centre and twist to the right side.
- Hold for a few seconds then return to centre and lower the body to the floor.
- Practice up to 5 rounds.