http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-06 20:13:262013-06-15 22:56:01Warrior 1
- Stand with the feet wider than shoulder width apart and keep the legs straight.
- Turn the right foot out to the right 90 degrees and left foot in 45 to 60 degrees.
- Roll the right thigh outward, so that the center of the right knee cap is in line with the center of the right ankle.
- Rotate the torso to the right and square the hips.
- Raise the arms above the head, perpendicular to the floor.
- Bend the right knee over the right ankle, so that the shin is vertical to the floor. Work towards having the thigh parallel to the floor.
- Reach the arms up whilst grounding down through the legs.
- Lengthen the coccyx toward the floor and arch the upper torso back slightly.
- Keep the head in a neutral position and gaze forward.
- Stay in this pose for up to 1 minute.
- To release, press the back heel into the floor, lift the arms and straighten the bent knee. Relax the arms beside the body.
- Reverse the feet and repeat for the same duration to the left.
- Practice up to 5 rounds.