http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-07 08:24:562021-04-13 15:39:33Camel
- Sit in Thunderbolt pose (Vajrasana).
- Stand up on the knees and separate the knees slightly apart so that they are in line with the hips.
- Keep the feet flat behind the knees.
- Stretch the arms out to the sides, shoulder height.
- Lean backward, slowly reaching the right hand to the right heel and the left hand to the left heel.
- Push the hips forward and the thighs vertical.
- Actively lift the chest and bend the spine backward.
- Carefully release the head to a relaxed position.
- Push the palms down and use the arms to anchor the shoulder blades onto the back.
- Remain in the position for as long as comfortable then engage the core muscles and gracefully exit, by reversing the movements.
- Practice up to 3 rounds. Or hold the position for up to 3 minutes.
- Natural breath.
- The stretch in the abdomen, chest and throat.
- The balance between the arms and legs.
- Swadhisthana or vishuddhi chakra.
- Knee problems.
- Back ailments.
- Neck problems.
- High or low blood pressure.
- Enhances and improves the overall body posture.
- Beneficial for the digestive and reproductive systems.
- Alleviates constipation.
- Loosens up vertebrae and stimulates spinal nerves.
- Relieves backache.
- Regulates the thyroid gland.
- Strengthens the back and chest muscles.
- Helpful for Asthma.
- Place a small cushion under the knees for support.
- If the stretch is too intense with the feet flat on the floor, tuck the toes under and come onto the balls of the feet.