http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-07 08:12:252013-06-15 22:56:48Equestrian Pose
- Sit in Thunderbolt pose (Vajrasana).
- Stand up on the knees and separate the knees slightly apart so that they are in line with the hips.
- Place the arms beside the body.
- Take a big step forward with the right leg and plant the right foot firmly on the floor.
- Have the thigh is horizontal and the ankle in front of the knee.
- Lunge forward and transfer the weight onto the right foot.
- Ensure the right knee is in line with the ankle.
- Bend forward and lower fingertips to the floor.
- Gently arch the back, raise the head slightly and hold the position.
- To release, shift the body weight to centre between the right foot and left knee.
- Continue the forward and backward lunge on this side up to 10 times.
- Once complete, stand on both knees then return to Thunderbolt pose (Vajrasana).
- Practice the same amount of rounds to the other.