http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-07 09:40:412022-02-23 16:57:48Half Lotus
- Sit in the Seated Base Position (Prarambhik Sthiti).
- Bend one leg and place the sole of the foot on the inside of the opposite thigh.
- Bend the other leg and place the foot on top of the opposite thigh.
- Without strain, place the upper heel as close to the abdomen as comfortable.
- Rest the hands on the knees in chin or jnana mudra.
- Ensure the head, neck and back are upright and straight.
- Close the eyes and relax the whole body.
- Natural and relaxed.
- Physical balance.
- Equalizing the weight between the right and left sides.
- Knee problems.
- Relaxes the nervous system.
- Blood flow from the legs is redirected to the abdomen, stimulating the digestive system.
- Place a small cushion under the buttocks, to raise the hips, tilt the pelvis and lower the knees towards to the floor.
- Use whatever support is required to keep alignment of the spine with minimal effort.