http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-07 09:52:222021-01-16 09:43:34Hero’s Meditation Pose
- Sit in the Seated Base Position (Prarambhik Sthiti).
- Bend the left leg underneath the right leg so that the left heel is touching the right buttock.
- Bring the right leg over the top of the bent left leg so that the right heel is touching the buttock.
- Adjust the right knee so that it is above the left knee.
- Place both hands on top of one another resting on the right knee.
- Ensure the head, neck and back upright and straight.
- Close the eyes and relax the whole body.
- After some time, release the legs and practice to the other side with the right leg underneath, left leg on top.
- Natural and relaxed.
- Concentrate on the physical balance.
- Equalizing the weight between the right and left sides.
- Stretches the outer thigh muscles
- Massages and tones the pelvic and reproductive organs.
- Unlike most the meditation asana, this asana internally rotates the hips and stretches the outer thigh muscles as opposed to the inner thigh muscles.
- Place a small cushion under the buttocks, to raise the hips, tilt the pelvis and lower the knees towards to the floor.
- Use whatever support is required to keep alignment of the spine with minimal effort.