http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-07 08:06:372021-08-06 14:48:46Prostration Pose
- Sit in Thunderbolt pose (Vajrasana).
- Take a hold of the lower calves with the thumbs uppermost.
- Slowly bend forward and place the crown of the head on the floor in front of the knees.
- Raise the buttocks until the thighs are as vertical as appropriate and gently press the chin against the chest.
- Hold the position for up to 20 seconds.
- Lower the buttocks to the heels to assume Child’s Pose (Shashankasana).
- When ready raise the torso upright and return to Thunderbolt pose (Vajrasana).
- Practice up to 5 times.
- Inhale in Thunderbolt pose (Vajrasana).
- Exhale when lowering the head to the floor.
- Inhale when raising the buttocks.
- Breathe naturally or retain the breath in the final position.
- Exhale when lowering the buttocks back on the heels.
- Natural breath in Child’s Pose (Shashankasana).
- Inhale when raising the torso and returning back to Thunderbolt pose (Vajrasana).
- On the pressure on the crown of the head.
- Synchronizing the movement with the breath.
- Sahasrara chakra.
- Knee problems.
- High blood pressure.
- Neck problems.
- Cautions for inverted asanas apply.
- Revitalises the body and mind.
- Relieves asthma.
- Helps to rectify many forms of nervous and glandular disorder.
- Induces physical and mental relaxation.
- Place a small cushion under the head for additional support.