http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-07 08:46:582013-06-15 22:56:47Shoulder stand pose
- Lie in the PMA2 Base Position.
- Bend both knees and draw the thighs close to the chest.
- Straighten the legs up and over the body towards the head.
- Press the arms into the floor, raise the buttocks and take the legs further over the head.
- Continue to lift by curling the pelvis and then the back away from the floor, so that the knees come toward the face.
- Turn the palms up, bend the elbows and draw the elbows toward each other.
- Place the hands behind the ribcage, slightly away from the spine, to support the back.
- Make any adjustments required to stabilize the position so that the torso is at a 90 degree angle with the floor and the hands support the weight of the body.
- Raise the legs vertical and press the heels up to the ceiling.
- Firm the shoulder blades against the back and move the sternum nearer the chin.
- Relax in the final position for as long as comfortable.
- To release, bend the knees towards the chest, return the arms to the floor with the palms faced down then gently roll the body back onto the floor.