http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-07 10:34:122020-06-18 14:17:57Spinal twist
- Sit in the Seated Base Position (Prarambhik Sthiti).
- Bend the right knee and place the sole of the right foot on the floor to the outside of the left thigh.
- Turn the torso to the left and place the left hand on the floor behind the body towards the right buttock and have the fingers pointing backwards.
- Place the right hand behind and slightly to the side of the left buttock, as close to the left hand as possible.
- Using the arms as levers, twist the head and torso to the left as far as comfortable while maintaining integrity in the spine.
- Hold for some time then release the hands and re-centre the torso, returning to the Seated Base Position.
- Practice up to 5 times and then repeat to the other side.
- Inhale to prepare.
- Exhale while twisting.
- Retain the breath out, or breath naturally if holding the pose.
- Inhale to re-centre.
- The twist and rotation of the hip joint.
- Relaxation of the spine.
- The breath.
- Manipura chakra.
- Stimulates the liver and kidneys.
- Stretches the shoulders, hips, and neck.
- Energizes the spine.
- Alleviates back pain.
- Activates the digestive system.
- Ensure both buttocks remain on the floor.