http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-07 08:02:072013-06-15 22:56:25Striking Cobra Pose
- Assume Table Position.
- Lower the hips back so the buttocks rests on the heels.
- Keep the hands on the floor, the arms straight and rest the forehead on the floor in front of the knees. Assuming the Held Child’s Pose (Shashankasana).
- Without moving the position of the hands, slide the chest forward to just above the floor until it is in line with the hands.
- Have the elbows in close to the body.
- Move the chest further forward and then upward, straighten the arms and lower the pelvis to the floor. Assuming the Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana).
- Ideally the nose and chest brush the surface of the floor as the body moves forward.
- Have the back arched, chest open and head raised.
- Hold for a few seconds then slowly raise the buttockes and move the body backwards, keeping the arms straight, returning to Child’s Pose (Shashankasana).
- Practice up to 7 rounds.