http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-09 20:34:182019-02-26 07:59:40Ankle crank
- Sit in the Seated Base Position (Prarambhik Sthiti).
- Bend the right knee and bring the foot towards the buttock.
- Turn the knee out to the side and gently place the right foot on the left thigh.
- Have the ankle far enough over the thigh so it can rotate freely.
- Support the right ankle with the right hand.
- Hold the toes of the right foot with the left hand.
- Using the left hand rotate the right foot 5-10 times clockwise and 5-10 times anti-clockwise.
- Change sides.
- Inhale with the upward movement.
- Exhale with the downward movement.
- The sensations experienced in the foot, ankle, calf and leg.
- Synchronizing the movement with the breath.
- To release the leg after completion of the asana, gently bring the knee to the chest before straightening the leg along the floor. This will help ensure that the knee joint is realigned.