http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-09 19:46:562020-08-23 17:23:02Cow’s face pose
- Begin sitting in Hero’s Meditation Pose (Dhyana Veerasana) with the right leg on top.
- Stretch the right arm up towards the ceiling, bend the right elbow and lower the right hand down the centre of the back.
- Take the left arm out to the left side, bend the elbow and move the left arm up the centre of the back.
- Stretch the hands towards each other aiming to clasp them behind the back.
- Hold for as long as comfortable then slowly release the arms, straighten the legs and repeat to the left by having the left leg on top of the right and the left elbow above the head.
- One round is usually sufficient.
- Relaxed natural breathing.
- The expansion of the chest and lungs.
- Ajna or anahata chakra.
- Shoulder injuries.
- Induces relaxation.
- Helps to relieve sciatica.
- Stretches the outer thigh muscles
- Massages and tones the pelvic and reproductive organs.
- Improves posture.
- Ensure the spine, head and neck are aligned.
- This can be practiced from another seated position if Hero’s Meditation Pose (Dhyana Veerasana) is not appropriate.