http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-09 20:38:472019-02-26 07:58:13Half butterfly
- Sit in the Seated Base Position (Prarambhik Sthiti).
- Bend the right knee, lower it to the side and position the right foot on the inside of the left thigh.
- Place the right hand on the top of the right knee.
- Rest the left hand comfortably on left thigh.
- On the inhalation, gently move the right knee up towards the chest. On the exhalation, gently push the knee down toward the floor.
- Keep the torso upright, shoulders relaxed down and back..
- Allow the leg to be passive and move with ease.
- Practice 10 up and down movements.
- In the same position, relax the leg as much as possible
- Push the knee down with the right hand and let the knee spring up by itself.
- Practice up to 30 swift movements, with the natural breath.
- Repeat stages 1 and 2 with left leg.
- The sensations experienced in the hip joint.
- The stability of the torso.
- Synchronizing the movement with the breath in stage 1.
- To release the leg after completion of the asana, gently bring the knee to the chest before straightening the leg along the floor. This will help ensure that the knee joint is realigned.
- As the hamstrings, hips and back loosen, the foot may be place on the thigh to increase the range of motion.