http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-09 20:36:592019-02-26 07:58:19Knee bending
- Sit in the Seated Base Position (Prarambhik Sthiti)
- Bend the right knee and place the sole of the foot on the floor in front of the buttocks.
- Interlock the fingers of the hands under the right thigh.
- Elongate the spine and consciously relax the shoulders down and back.
- Keeping the hands under the thigh, straighten the right leg extending and engaging the leg muscles.
- Hold for a few seconds, then bend the right knee, drawing the thigh towards the chest.
- Practice 5-10 times.
- Repeat with the left leg.
- Bend both knees, interlocking the hands under the thighs.
- Straighten the legs, extending and engaging the leg muscles.
- Inhale when straightening the leg(s).
- Exhale when bending the leg(s).
- The sensations experienced in the knee and thigh muscles.
- The stability of the torso.
- Synchronizing the movement with the breath.
- Stage 2 is quite strenuous. It is contraindicated for those with weak abdominal muscles, back conditions, high blood pressure or heart conditions.
- Keep the heel(s) in contact with the floor throughout the practice.