http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-09 20:37:412019-02-26 07:58:15Knee crank
- Sit in the Seated Base Position (Prarambhik Sthiti).
- Bend the right knee and place the sole of the foot on the floor in front of the buttocks.
- Interlock the fingers of the hands under the right thigh.
- Raise the foot from the floor. and rotate the lower leg in a large circular movement; straightening the leg at the top of the upward movement.
- Keep the upper part of the leg (thigh and hip), as still as possible.
- Practice 5-10 times clockwise and 5-10 time anti-clockwise.
- Repeat with the left leg.
- Inhale on the upward movement.
- Exhale on the downward movement.
- The sensations experienced in the knee and thigh muscles.
- The stability of the torso.
- Synchronizing the movement with the breath.
- To release the leg after completion of the asana, gently bring the knee to the chest before straightening the leg along the floor. This will help ensure that the knee joint is realigned.