http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-09 19:47:592020-10-16 12:51:31Locked Hand Raising Pose
Bandha Hasta Uttanasana
- Stand with the feet together and arms beside the body.
- Balance the weight of the body equally on both feet.
- Cross the wrists in front of the body.
- Slowly raise the arms above the head, keeping the wrists crossed.
- Simultaneously, raise the head to gaze at the hands.
- Spread the arms out to the sides at shoulder height.
- Hold for a few seconds then reverse the movement by recrossing the wrists above the head.
- Lower the arms straight down in front of the body and return the head back to centre.
- Practice up to 10 times.
- Inhale to raise the arms.
- Exhale while spreading the arms to the sides.
- Inhale to recross the wrists above the head.
- Exhale while lowering the arms.
- The stretch in the arms and shoulders.
- The expansion of the lungs.
- Synchronizing the movement with the breath.
- Helps to remove stiffness in the shoulders and upper back.
- Improves posture and blood circulation.
- Encourages more oxygen into the system.
- Inhale while raising the arms and inhale more deeply while taking them to the sides. Retain the breath as the posture is held. Exhale to recross the wrists above the head and lower the arms.