http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-15 10:45:382013-07-25 22:07:45Bellows Breath – Bhastrika
- Sit in a comfortable seated position with the spine neck and head in alignment.
- Have the eyes lightly closed.
- Practice abdominal breathing by drawing the air into the abdomen, using the diaphragm muscles.
- Accentuate the movement in the abdomen whilst keeping the chest still and relaxed.
- Once established, begin to breathe quite forcefully in and out through the nostrils.
- During inhalation, the abdomen expands, exhalation, the abdomen contracts.
- Slightly exaggerate this movement.
- Continue in this way for ten breaths then take a few natural breaths.
- This is one round, practice up to five rounds.