http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2013-01-17 09:28:442013-07-21 21:20:06Abdominal Contraction - Uddiyana Bandha
- Stand with the feet shoulder width apart.
- Inhale deeply.
- Bend forward from the waist and exhale fully out the mouth.
- Position the spine horizontal to the floor, bend the knees slightly and rest the hands on the thighs to support the weight of the upper body.
- Take a false inhalation, keeping the glottis closed and expanding the chest, as though breathing in but not actually taking in air.
- Straighten the knees and hold the position for as long as comfortable.
- Release the abdominal lock, relax the chest and raise the head and torso upright.
- Exhale slightly to release the pressure from the lungs then inhale slowly through the nose.