- Stand with the feet together and the arms beside the body.
- Find a point in front of the body to fix the gaze.
- Bend both knees slightly and slowly transfer the weight onto the left leg.
- Raise the right leg and twist it around the left.
- Point the right toes toward the floor then hook the top of the foot behind the lower left calf.
- Stretch the arms straight forward, parallel to the floor, and cross the right arm above the left.
- Bend the elbows to raise the forearms vertical to the floor.
- Join the palms of the hands together, lift the elbows up, and stretch the fingers toward the ceiling.
- Hold the position for as long as comfortable.
- To release, lower the hands then the foot and redistribute the weight evenly.
- Repeat with the left leg, then practice up to 3 times on each side.