- Squat with the feet flat on the floor a comfortable distance apart.
- Ensure the knees are in line with the toes and bend them fully.
- Hold the insteps of feet with the hands by placing the fingers under the soles and the thumbs above.
- Have the upper arms pressing against the inside of the knees, elbows slightly bent.
- Raise the chin up and direct the gaze upwards.
- Extend the spine and open the chest.
- Hold for a few seconds, then straighten the knees and raise buttocks bringing the head forward toward the knees.
- Accentuate the length of the spine.
- Hold for a few seconds, then bend the knees, lower the buttocks, raise the chest and head back in the starting position.
- Practice 5-10 rounds.