- Lie in the PMA2 Base Position.
- Straighten the legs to vertical and position them over the body towards the head.
- Press the arms into the floor and raise the buttocks.
- Simultaneously curl the pelvis and lift the back away from the floor.
- Take the legs over the head and lower the toes to the floor.
- Turn the palms up, bend the elbows and draw the elbows toward each other.
- Place the hands behind the ribcage, slightly away from the spine, to support the back.
- Relax in the final position and hold for as long as comfortable.
- To release, return the arms to the floor palms faced down.
- Gradually lower each vertebrae of the spine to the floor followed by the buttocks then legs.
- Inhale while in the lying position.
- Retain the breath inside to come into the pose.
- Breathe slowly and deeply.
- Retain the breath inside while releasing the position.
- The abdominal muscles.
- Stretch in the neck.
- Relaxation of the back.
- Synchronized movement with breath.
- Manipura or Vishuddhi chakra.
- Back conditions.
- Neck conditions.
- High blood pressure.
- Stimulates the thyroid gland.
- Massages the internal organs.
- Improves digestion.
- Strengthens the abdominal muscles.
- Stretches the shoulders and spine.
- Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause.
- Reduces stress and fatigue.
- Calms the mind.