- Sit in the Seated Base Position (Prarambhik Sthiti).
- Place the palms of the hands either sides of the body, about 30cm behind the buttocks.
- Keep the elbows straight, point the fingers back and slightly recline the torso.
- Keep the arms and legs straight and raise the buttocks off the floor by lifting the hips up.
- Extend the toes towards the floor and let the head stretch comfortably back and down.
- Hold for as long as comfortable, then release by lowering the buttocks to the floor.
- Practice up to 5 rounds.