- Sit in Thunderbolt pose (Vajrasana).
- Slowly bend back, taking the support of the body onto the right elbow and arm and then the left.
- Lower the top of the head to the floor and arch the back.
- Once balanced in the position rest the hands on the thighs.
- Try to keep the knees in contact with the floor. If necessary, separate the knees.
- Ensure there is no strain.
- Close the eyes and relax the body.
- Remain in the position for as long as comfortable then engage the core muscles and gracefully exit, by reversing the movements and returning to Thunderbolt pose (Vajrasana).