- Sit in the Base Position (Prarambhik Sthiti).
- Imagine the action of rowing a boat.
- Bend elbows and make gentle fists with the hands, as though grasping onto oars.
- Reach the arms up, lengthening the spine.
- Bend forward from hips and stretch the arms out towards the feet.
- Bend the elbows bringing the hands back to the shoulders and lean the torso back.
- Straighten the arms, elongate the spine and fold forward.
- Practice 5-10 rounds this way.
- Reverse the direction and repeat for same number of rounds.
- Inhale while leaning back.
- Exhale while bending forward.
The sensations in the lower back, hips and pelvic area.
- Making the motions fluid and smooth.
- Synchronizing the movement with the breath.
- Keep the knees bent and make smaller rotations.
- Slipped disc.
- Improves flexibility and strength of whole spinal column.
- Helpful in menstrual irregularities, prenatal and postnatal stages of pregnancy.
- Reduces menstrual cramps.
- Tones the waist and pelvis.
- Removes constipation.