http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg 0 0 Christina Jagusiak http://www.satyaliveyoga.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/logo.jpg Christina Jagusiak2012-11-05 05:44:552021-04-13 16:06:01Crane pose
- Stand with the feet together.
- Interlock the fingers and raise the arms above the head.
- Keeping both legs straight and strong, bend forward from the hips and place the hands on the toes of the left foot.
- Transfer the weight onto the left leg, lift the right leg back and raise it as high as comfortable.
- Draw the forehead toward the knee and hold for as long as comfortable.
- Release the right leg to the floor and return to the upright position, keeping the arms straight as they are raised above the head.
- Lower the arms relax and then repeat to the other side.
- Practice up to 3 rounds.
- Inhale while raising the arms.
- Exhale while bending forward.
- Breathe naturally in the balance.
- Inhale while returning to the upright position.
- Exhale while lowering the arms.
- Manipura chakra.
- Heart conditions.
- High blood pressure.
- Back conditions.
- Improves the sense of balance.
- Stimulates the liver and kidneys.
- Stretches the hamstrings, calves, and thighs.
- Strengthens the thighs, knees, and ankles.
- Develops concentration and focus.
- Calms and balances the mind.
- In this pose the knee can easily rotate inward. To prevent this consciously rotate the thigh outwardly and turn the knee so the kneecap faces straight ahead.